- Programs:Dreamweaver, Photoshop, InDesign, iMovie, VR Worx, Sound Forge, ABBY Fine Reader, Camtasia Studio, Microsoft Office Suite, telnet, SSH, Fugu, BlackBoard, eclecTool, ICOMs, Aspect, Rumba, Netscape, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Outlook, Lotus Notes, Thunderbird, RightFax FaxUtil, Luminate Suite
- Systems: Windows, Mac OS
Languages: Latin, some French and Ancient Greek.
Leadership: Planning and running meetings, organizing retreats, setting up and working with budgets, giving demonstrations to groups, crisis management, publicity, and networking.
|Blackbaud (formerly Convio)
Education Specialist 2010-Current
- Teaching a variety of clients and employees how to use the Luminate Suite of products, with an average approval score consistently above 4.5 out of 5.
- Creating interactive tutorials to promote asynchronous learning. As of 2012 have produced and quality controlled over 100 videos.
- Create, update, and maintain course offerings in alignment with product upgrades and customer needs.
- Managing the Convio LearnCenter, an LMS on the Oracle Learn platform, including a site redesign to improve user access to information.
- Organized the Training teams electronic resources for both internal and external findability, including the team wiki pages and Share drive.
Web Producer 2009-2012
- Worked with project managers and other team members to deploy clients on Convio products within the requested time frames.
- As part of the Go! Team, spearheaded implementing naming conventions for materials produced to help clients with electronic file management and findability within the Convio product.
- Trained other team members on CMS and Go! projects.
|The University of Texas at Austin
Briscoe Center for American History Information Analyst
- Converted majority of Web site, including backend pages, to a new design, updating both the look of the site and the flow of information, using a mixture of PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS, a content management system, and FCKeditor; made sure site was both ADA compliant and cross-browser compatible.
- Fixed PHP on the Photojournalism and Digital Media Repository sections of Web site to display information as intended and without errors.
- Added Captcha images to online forms to stop the influx of spam messages.
- Enhanced the contents of the Digital Media Repository by retrieving metadata about previously digitized images from old cataloging systems, prepping the data for ingestion, including checking for errors, and uploading data into a MySQL database and by creating and uploading access images, thumbnails, and Zoomify sets and making said images publicly accessible though the Web site.
|Hansen's Sno-Bliz and Sweetshop
||New Orleans, LA
Web Site and Online Exhibit Creator (Paid Project)
- Designed and created a business Web site, http://www.snobliz.com, using HTML, CSS, and PHP.
- Digitized memorabilia including photographs, newspapers, and videos.
- Created an online exhibit of digitized items using OpenCollection.
- Incorporated Web 2.0 technologies such as blogs, Flickr groups, and RSS feeds.
|The University of Texas at Austin
School of Information IT Lab Teaching Assistant
- Enhanced student learning and class work by providing individual instruction in computer software and hardware.
- Created paper, online, and video tutorials about advanced Office features and iLife '08 to further student and staff skills.
- Developed and taught one-hour courses in Photoshop, iMovie, Mail Merge, and Mac OS 10.5 to broaden student and staff knowledge of commonly used programs.
- Provided students one-on-one instruction in the use of Web tools such as HTML, CSS, Dreamweaver, and Photoshop.
- Created online sign-up forms for said workshops using PHP and MySQL.
- Developed an understanding of digital video formats to provide more effective online video tutorials.
|The University of Texas at Austin
Teaching Assistant for Managing Digital Libraries
- Developed content in collaboration with course instructor and taught two two-hour face to face classes.
- One on basic digitization practices, so that students would become familiar with flat-bed scanning techniques for images and text and gain an understanding of Epson Scan and ABBY Fine Reader.
- One to introduce students to Greenstone and OpenCollection digital library software, including how to upload and browse.
- Clarified issues about technical aspects of assignments in person and through online forums to assist students.
- Ran weekly and monthly reports using online databases and excel to monitor growth and market penetration of Credit Union and selected products.
- Maintained company web site and Intranet using online forms and HTML.
- Used digital photo editing techniques to include company pictures in online and printed publications.
- Updated Web site, in coordination with graphic and Web designers, for a consistent branding look and to make navigation easier for visitors.
- Coordinated with a variety of vendors to promote Credit Union products and activities.
- Created and maintained a variety of Web sites for clients, including authors, real estate agents, and local businesses.
- Used online translation tools to add accessibility to the articles on the Women's Health & Education Center Web site.
- Created an Arabic template for the Women's Health & Education Center Web site in collaboration with primary Web developer.
- Taught classes on Web site building and computer programs, such as Excel and PowerPoint to clients.
Customer Service Representative
- Provided over the phone technical support for cable television and telephone services to assist customers with their products.
- Regular member of the "Over 40" sales club.
|User Support Center
||1999 – 2002
Student Technology Support Consultant
- Provided technical support on a wide variety of computer programs and network and telephony problems to the college’s faculty, staff, and students over the phone, in person, and through e-mail.
- Updated the backend of the Smith College Technology And Resource Adviser (an online collection of FAQs, How Tos, and Tips) for consistency of look and easy of maintenance in collaboration with Web designer.
- Used Access database to register faculty and staff for computer training.
|New Century Theatre
||2001 – 2002
Electrician 2001 – 2002
- Set up lighting instruments and cables for performances.
- Changed equipment and cables between performances.
Dresser for "Light Up the Sky" 2001
- Helped keep the show running smoothly by assisting actors with quick costume changes during the show, setting costumes before the show, and returning costumes to the dressing rooms after the show.
|Summer Shakespeare Festival
|New Orleans, LA
Assistant Stage Manager for "Romeo and Juliet"
- Set up scenes and props before the show.
- Conducted quick and efficient set changes during the performance.
- Cued actors for entrances and made sure they had their props before going on stage.
Interests and Activities
Computers, Web Design, Theatre, Reading, Mythology and Ancient Religions, Renaissance Faires, Crocheting, Cats, Gaming, Karaoke, and Baking.